I met for first time the wisdom of Rumi years ago, while reading a book about Love and Sufism. Safa means pure. Rumi’s full name is Jalāl ad-Dīn Muḥammad Balkhī (Persian: جلالالدین محمد بلخى). Jalal ad-Din is an Arabic name meaning “Glory of the Faith”. There were in the past and there are today people, who reached their self-awakening through their own experience in life. This wisdom is beyond religion, nationality, gender, age. It comes from the heart and the moments when your soul speaks during your journey of a lifetime. Many people are searching for their own path in life, Sufi is searching not for the path but for truth.
Here are some of my favorite inspirational quotes from the Persian poet and Sufi mystic Rumi:
1. I have been a seeker and I still am, but I stopped asking the books and the stars. I started listening to the teaching of my Soul.
2. It’s your road and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
3. The whole universe is contained within a single human being – you.
4. Take someone who doesn’t keep score, who’s not looking to be richer, or afraid of losing, who has not the slightest interest even in his own personality: he’s free.
5. We carry inside us the wonders we seek outside us.
6. Your heart knows the way. Run in that direction.
7. Love is the bridge between you and everything.
8. When the world pushes you to your knees, you’re in the perfect position to pray.
9. There is a voice that doesn’t use words, listen.
10. I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.
When will you begin that long journey into yourself?
Be soulful. Be kind. Be in love.
The beauty you see in me is a reflection of you.
Enjoy your journey! #mytravelingsoul
Betty (Tsvetelina Tsankova)